… are becoming quite popular with GCSE maths questions. They are usually about reducing fractions and working with indices.
● They are sometimes called ‘working with indices’
● Learn the rules and try to apply them consistently
● Remember that an index of a half … means a square root
● …and an index of a third …. means a cube root
● Indices can be presented as fractions and you might need to add, subtract or multiply them
● Work methodically and down the page
If you’d like to ask for any more detail, or you’re not sure about anything, please do ask a question in the comments section.
All best with your studies
Watch on YouTube