Here’s a few videos on finding a missing angle, that I hope might be useful. They are becoming a little more popular on GCSE mathematics as you need to demonstrate a clear, logical method. The questions aren’t always that straightforward and here’s some practice questions to try, before watching the videos:
- finding a missing angle questions usually involve triangles, regular polygons or circles
- it’s usually a two / three step process and you might need to remember:
- 180º on a straight line
- 360º at a point (or a circle)
- circle theorems – particularly angles at the centre are double the angle at the circumference
- alternate, corresponding angle rules
- try to work through logically and add additional sketches as required
- show any calculations
- check whether your answer makes sense!
If you’d like to ask for any more detail, or you’re not sure about anything, please do ask a question in the comments section.
All best with your studies
Watch on YouTube