In this post we’re aiming to revise foundation GCSE maths using Edexcel GCSE Foundation Paper 2017 – Paper 3. This is the final paper in the exam and is worth 80 marks. It’s fairly similar to paper 2 and the questions follow the same format.
Here’s a link to download the question paper: Edexcel GCSE Maths Foundation Paper Paper 3 2017
Here’s my solutions: Edexcel GCSE Maths Foundation Paper 3 2017 – WORKED ANSWERS
- Take your time and aim for around a ‘mark a minute’ – this should give you enough time at the end to check your answers
- Always show your working
- Aim for 100% for the first 10 questions – this will help to build your confidence, and motivation, to keep going
- You can do this!
Questions 1 – 12:
– length comparisons – multiplication – algebra expressions – fractions – ratio – median – range – mean – time – changing the subject
Questions 13 – 20:
– angles – currency – venn diagrams – simultaneous equations – median – fractions – percentages – angles in a polygon – density
Questions 21 – 23
– mathematically similar – graphs – significant figures – reverse percentages
Watch on YouTube
The whole idea is to download the paper, try the questions, and then compare your solutions.
If you’d like more information on these topics, here’s a link to the Ultimate Guide to Maths.
I hope the videos and maths papers walkthroughs help and all very best with your GCSE’s.