This video is about how to solve difficult simultaneous equations, and is around grade 7+ …. these questions can be quite challenging.
3y = 5 – 2x
y² = xy +5
- This type of question is usually solved by substitution – making everything ‘x' or ‘y'
- Once you've got an equation it'll need solving
- Sometimes it involves using fractions …
- Always work down the page
- Put the equals sign in the middle
- Show any calculations on one side of the paper
- Is your answer reasonable? If not, go back and check, if you have time ….
- If you have run out of time, show your working, and you might get awarded some marks
If you would like to find out more try these:
Please do leave a comment below if you are not sure. Alternately you can view my YouTube channel and leave a comment there – I'll always try to respond as quickly as possible.