Wow! 14 million YouTube views.. and counting.
Actually, by the time I wrote this post, the counter had got to 13,842,316 ish.
The best part, however, are the comments from (so far) 78,000 subscribers. I can't say that they hang on to my every word, but most are encouraging. It gets me up in the morning, and replying to comments is definitely a top priority.
There is genuine interest in using online video as a way of educating and I'm delighted to be a very, very small part of it. Apart from my own, there are some truly brilliant YouTube maths channels. Many are superbly presented, engaging, and work through problems using excellent techniques that are well explained. I’m a little envious sometimes.
OK. That's far too much bragging for one day…although, if you haven't already seen it, this is my most popular video. It's has had an amazing 900, 000 videos and has generated some great comments.
Anyway, by way of celebration, I thought it would be good to post some fun facts about he number 14,000,000.
- 14 million seconds is around 182 days, or 6 months
- 14 million minutes is over 26.5 years
- If you're reading this in 2022, 14 million hours ago was the year 424.
- If you stacked 14 million pennies on top of each other, it would reach almost 14 miles
- It would take almost a week – 6 days, 22 hours, and 40 minutes – just to count to 1,000,000. That's assuming that you can count to 100 every minute and you didn't eat, sleep or go to school!