This video is a quick walkthrough of some popular foundation GCSE revision maths questions, that are worthwhile practicing …. please do
– stop the video
– work through the questions
– compare your solutions
I hope the video helps and please do leave a comment – thanks!
Download a copy of the questions here: QT Quick Test 1 Foundation
Here’s a copy of the written answers: QT Quick Test 1 Foundation ANSWERS
Here’s the timeline:
3:24 Litres to millilitres
7:25 nth term
9:26 Standard form
Here’s the questions:
Here are the questions:
1. (a) Work out the value of (32 – 4) 7 + 10
(b) Zara says that 30 – 5 x 4 is 100. Zaina says that 30 – 5 x 4 is 10. Who is correct? Give a reason for your answer.
2. Which fraction is larger? 4/7 or 5/8 ? You must show all your working.
3. (a) Factorise 3x + 9 (b) Factorise x2 – 14x
4. There are 3 ½ litres of orange juice in a large jug. Abi is going to pour the orange juice into some glasses. She will fill each glass with 275ml of orange juice. Work out the greatest number of glasses Abi can fill.
5. Ray bought a new motorhome for £20,000. The motorhome depreciated by 10% in the first year, and then by a further 15% in the second year. What is the value of the motorhome at the end of 2 years?
6. Here are the first four terms of an arithmetic sequence 5 11 17 23
Is 133 a term in this arithmetic sequence? You must give a reason for your answer.
7.(a) Write 75,000 in standard form (b) Write 7.3 x 10^-4 as an ordinary number (c) Work out the value of (3 x 10^6) x (4 x 10^7)
These types of questions appear in all the main GCSE exam boards – Edexcel, AQA, OCR and Educas – and are fairly common for non calculator papers.
- Always work methodically and show your working
- Why is that information in the first few lines?
- Check your calculations
- Is it a reasonable answer?
Here’s other posts that also might be of interest:
Please do leave a comment below if you are not sure. Alternately you can view my YouTube channel and leave a comment there – I’ll always try to respond as quickly as possible.
Watch on YouTube:
I’d really appreciate a like, if you found it useful! If you subscribe to the channel, you’ll also be notified of new uploaded videos 🙂