This video is a quick walkthrough of some popular GCSE revision maths calculator questions, that are worthwhile practicing …. please do
– stop the video
– work through the questions
– compare your solutions
I hope the video helps and please do leave a comment – thanks!
Download a copy of the questions here: QT Quick Test 3 Higher
Here's a copy of the written answers: QT Quick Test 3 – Higher Calculator ANSWERS
Here's the timestamp:
1:08 Speed Distance Time
2:58 Price comparison
3:55 Standard Form
5:11 Mathematically similar
10:18 Simultaneous equations
15:30 Straight line equation
Here's the questions:
1.(a) Find the highest common factor (HCF) of 90 and 210.
(b) Find the lowest common multiple (LCM) of 90 and 210.
2. There are only blue, black and green counters in a bag. There are 7 times as many blue counters as black counters. There are half as many green counters as black counters. Write the ratio of blue counters to black counters to green counters.
3. The diagram shows a right angled triangular prism. Calculate the volume of the prism.
4. Nisar invests £3000 for 4 years in a savings account. He gets 2.5% per annum compound interest in the first year, then x% for the next three years. Nisar has £3215.46 at the end of 4 years. Work out the value of x.
5. Carrie runs 163.5m in 32.7 seconds. Without using a calculator, work out her average speed.
6. Factorise x^2 + 6x – 7
7. Solve 7y + 15 = 4y – 6
8. It takes 5 2/3 hours to paint a room, and 3 and a half hours for the paint to dry. How long does it take altogether?
9. Work out an estimate for the value of (712 x 6.14)/0.186
10. Solve the simultaneous equations 2x + 5y = 16 and 5x – 2y = 11
- Always work methodically and show your working
- Why is that information in the first few lines?
- Check your calculations
- Is it a reasonable answer?
Here's other posts that also might be of interest:
Please do leave a comment below if you are not sure. Alternately you can view my YouTube channel and leave a comment there – I'll always try to respond as quickly as possible.
Watch on YouTube:
I'd really appreciate a like, if you found it useful! If you subscribe to the channel, you'll also be notified of new uploaded videos 🙂