This video is a quick reminder of the speed distance time formula for GCSE maths, and is aimed at around grade 4.
– stop the video
– work through the questions
– compare your solutions
I hope the video helps and please do leave a comment – thanks!
Download a copy of the questions here:
Here’s a copy of the written answers:
These types of questions appear in all the main GCSE exam boards – Edexcel, AQA, OCR and Educas – and are fairly common for non calculator papers.
- Always write the formula Speed = Distance / Time at the top of each question
- Check units are correct – metres or kilometres? seconds or minutes? etc
- Remember 45 minutes is not 0.45 of an hour!! There are 60 minutes in an hour (not 100), so just write as a fraction 45/60
- Use your calculator fraction keys
Here’s other posts that also might be of interest:
Please do leave a comment below if you are not sure. Alternately you can view my YouTube channel and leave a comment there – I’ll always try to respond as quickly as possible.
Watch on YouTube:
I’d really appreciate a like, if you found it useful! If you subscribe to the channel, you’ll also be notified of new uploaded videos 🙂