This video is a quick walkthrough of some popular foundation GCSE revision maths questions, that are worthwhile practicing …. please do
– stop the video
– work through the questions
– compare your solutions
I hope the video helps and please do leave a comment – thanks!
Download a copy of the questions here: QT Quick Test 3 – Foundation Calculator
Here’s a copy of the written answers: QT Quick Test 3 Foundation Calculator ANSWERS
Here’s the timeline:
Here’s the timestamps:
0:32 Compound interest
1:42 Reverse percentages
3:00 Speed distance time
6:50 Pie chart
Here’s the questions:
1. Jonas invests £6400 at a compound interest rate of 6% per annum. Work out the value of the investment at the end of 3 years. Give your answer to the nearest pence.
2. Annabella bought a new car. The car depreciates by 15% each year. After one year the car is worth £21,165. Work out the price of the car when new.
3. Kairav travelled 60km in 1 hour and 35 minutes. Vicky travelled 80km in 2 hours and 10 minutes. Who has the lower average speed? You must show your working.
4. A solid cuboid is made of plastic. The plastic has a density of 0.95g per cm³. Work out the mass of the cuboid.
5. Amy carries out a survey of 60 people. She asks them their favourite takeaway. The table shows this information. Draw a pie chart to represent this data. Favourite Takeaway Italian 17 Indian 9 Turkish 18 Chinese 12 Other 4
6. Use a ruler and compasses to construct a 60° angle at A. You must show all your construction lines.
These types of questions appear in all the main GCSE exam boards – Edexcel, AQA, OCR and Educas – and are fairly common for calculator papers.
- Always work methodically and show your working
- Why is that information in the first few lines?
- Check your calculations
- Is it a reasonable answer?
Here’s other posts that also might be of interest:
Please do leave a comment below if you are not sure. Alternately you can view my YouTube channel and leave a comment there – I’ll always try to respond as quickly as possible.
Watch on YouTube:
I’d really appreciate a like, if you found it useful! If you subscribe to the channel, you’ll also be notified of new uploaded videos 🙂