This video is a quick walkthrough of some popular mock revise GCSE maths questions, that are worthwhile practicing …. please do
– stop the video
– work through the questions
– compare your solutions
I hope the video helps and please do leave a comment – thanks!
Download a copy of the questions here: Quick Test Revise GCSE Maths – to Grade 4
Here’s a copy of the written answers: Quick Test Revise GCSE Maths – to Grade 4 ANSWERS
Here’s the questions (unfortunately without diagrams):
1. Cas bought a house for £280000.
In the first year the house price increased by 4%.
In the second year the house decreased by 2%.
In the third year the house increased by 5%.
Work out the value of the house at the end of 3 years. (3 marks)
2. (a) Simplify (x^2)^4 (1 mark)
(b) Simplify 18x^2y^5 / 3xy^2 (2 marks)
3. (a) Find the highest common factor (HCF) of 56 and 70 (2 marks)
(b) Find the lowest common multiple (LCM) of 56 and 70 (2 marks)
Si is going to play one tennis match and one badminton match.
The probability that he will win the tennis match is 47.
The probability that he will win the badminton match is 35
(a) Complete the probability tree diagram (2 marks)
(b) Work out the probability that Si will win both matches. (2 marks)
5. Aishu has some sweets.
Brian has twice as many sweets as Aishu.
Cas has 5 more sweets than Brian.
In total they have 65 sweets. How many sweets does Cas have?(3 marks)
6. Here are the first five terms of a sequence.
32 28 24 20 16
Find the first negative term in the sequence (1 mark)
Is -27 a term in the sequence? Give a reason for your answer. (1 mark)
7. ABCD is a trapezium. Calculate the length AD. (3 marks)
8. A circle has a diameter of 17cm. Work out the area of the circle. Give your answer correct to 1 decimal place. (2 marks)
9. (a) y is an integer such that -4 is less than or equal to y less than or equal to 3 . Write down all the possible values of y. (2 marks)
(b) Solve 4x + 7 less than or equal to x + 22 (2 marks)
10. The total surface area of a cube is 294 cm2. Work out the volume of the cube. (3 marks)
11. A piece of wood has a mass of 18.5 grams and a volume of 20 cm3. Work out the density of the piece of wood in grams / cm3. (3 marks)
12. Julie drove 50 miles in 50 minutes. What speed was Julie driving? Give your answer in miles per hour. (2 marks)
Here’s the timeline:
2:50 HCF LCM
4:40 Probability Tree
6:09 Forming equations
7:56 nth term
10:45 Area of circle
13:40 Surface area
These types of questions appear in all the main GCSE exam boards – Edexcel, AQA, OCR and Educas – and are fairly common for calculator papers.
- Always work methodically and show your working
- Why is that information in the first few lines?
- Check your calculations
- Is it a reasonable answer?
Here’s other posts that also might be of interest:
Please do leave a comment below if you are not sure. Alternately you can view my YouTube channel and leave a comment there – I’ll always try to respond as quickly as possible.
Watch on YouTube:
I’d really appreciate a like, if you found it useful! If you subscribe to the channel, you’ll also be notified of new uploaded videos