This video is a quick walkthrough of some popular mock GCSE maths questions, that are worthwhile practicing …. please do
– stop the video
– work through the questions
– compare your solutions
I hope the video helps and please do leave a comment – thanks!
Download a copy of the questions here: QT Quick Test 3 – to grade 4
Here's a copy of the written answers: QT Quick Test 3 – to grade 4 ANSWERS
Here's the timestamp:
1:02 Speed Distance Time
7:10 Area of circle
Here's the questions (without the drawings!)
1. Work out 2 1/2 x 3 1/4
2. Aqdas drives 350km at an average speed of 75km/h. What is the time taken for Aqdas’s journey? Give your answer in hours and minutes.
3. Leo bought 4kg of oranges from the supermarket for £2.40. What is the cost of 5kg of oranges?
4. Calculate 79% of £320
5. A model of a small block of flats has a vertical height of 15cm. The scale of the model is 1:150. Work out the height of the real block of flats. Give your answer in metres.
6. Describe fully the single transformation that maps triangle A to triangle B.
7. Write the ratio 7.5 : 2.5 in the form n : 1
8. A circle has a radius of 17cm. Work out the area of the circle. Give your answer correct to 1 decimal place.
9. n is an integer such that -4 is less than or equal to n less than or equal to 2 . Write down all the possible values of n.
10. Sameer and Harine share some money in the ratio 5 : 3. Sameer gets £60 more than Harine. Work out how much money Harine gets.
11. There are 65 counters in a bag. 11 of the counters are yellow, and the rest are green. One of the counters is taken at random. Find the probability that this counter is green.
12. ABC is an isosceles triangle. Calculate the perpendicular height of triangle ABC. Give your answer correct to 3 significant figures.
13. The bearing of Leeds from Liverpool is 112 degrees . Find the bearing of Liverpool from Leeds.
14. The frequency table shows the time taken for students to complete their maths homework.
(a) Work out an estimate for the mean time for the students to complete their comework.
(b) Explain why your answer to part (a) is an estimate
- Always work methodically and show your working
- Why is that information in the first few lines?
- Check your calculations
- Is it a reasonable answer?
Here's other posts that also might be of interest:
Please do leave a comment below if you are not sure. Alternately you can view my YouTube channel and leave a comment there – I'll always try to respond as quickly as possible.
Watch on YouTube:
I'd really appreciate a like, if you found it useful! If you subscribe to the channel, you'll also be notified of new uploaded videos