This video is a quick walkthrough of Grade 4 revision for GCSE maths …. please do
– stop the video
– work through the questions
– compare your solutions
I hope the video helps and please do leave a comment – thanks!
Download a copy of the questions here: QT Quick Test 4E – Which Answer?_
Here’s a copy of the written answers: QT Quick Test 4E – Which Answer? ANSWERS
Here’s the questions for Grade 4 revision worksheet:
1. Square root of 64 + 7 squared =
2. The mean of the following numbers: 14, 3, 14, 10, 9
3. How many sides does a regular dodecagon have?
4. Total volume of the prism shown
5. 4. A circle has a diameter of 14cm. Estimate the area of the circle. Use the value of as 3.
6. 1 5/9 + 3 24/54 = ? Give your answer as a whole number.
7. 0.0004 0.000016 =
8. The first five terms of a sequence are 34 29 24 19 14
Find the value of the 20th term in the sequence.
9. Find the lowest common multiple (LCM) of 64 and 120
10. Varsha is going on holiday to France. The exchange rate is £1 = €1.4. She changes £250 into Euros (€). Work out how many Euros Varsha receives. Give your answer to the nearest Euro.
11. Write down the size of angle x in the diagram shown
12. Work out the size of the exterior angle of a regular octagon.
13. Work out 134% of 180 to the nearest whole number.
14. Mr Smith wants to buy 108 packs of pens for his shop. Each pack costs £8.87 + VAT at 20%. Work out an estimate for the amount of money Mr Smith will spend on packs of pens.
15. Govin buys an original painting for £800. He sells the painting for £1000. Calculate the percentage profit Govin makes when he sells the painting.
16. Andy, Brian and Charlie share £750 in the ratio 2 : 5 : 8. Work out how much Charlie receives.
17. 10 people take 8 days to paint a factory. How long will it take 4 people to do the same job?
18. Calculate the length of the hypotenuse, in the right angle triangle shown in the diagram
19. Convert 6m^2 into cm^2
20. Cas uses a scale of 1:200 to make a model of a rocket. The height of the rocket is 46m. Work out the height of the model.
21. The mean of nine numbers is 62. The mean of three of the numbers is 52. What is the mean of the other six numbers?
22. Work out the value of x in the equation 5x + 3 = 38
Here’s the timestamps:
2:50 Area of circle
5:26 nth term sequence
6:22 LCM Lowest Common Multiple
8:06 Exchange Rates
9:11 Alternate angles
9:31 Exterior angles
12:29 Percentage profit
16:01 Converting units
17:08 Scale factor
18:01 Mean average
19:58 Solving equations
These types of grade 4 revision questions appear in all the main GCSE exam boards – Edexcel, AQA, OCR and Educas – and are fairly common for non calculator papers.
- Always work methodically and show your working
- Why is that information in the first few lines?
- Check your calculations
- Is it a reasonable answer?
Here’s other posts that also might be of interest:
Please do leave a comment below if you are not sure. Alternately you can view my YouTube channel and leave a comment there – I’ll always try to respond as quickly as possible.
Watch on YouTube:
I’d really appreciate a like, if you found it useful! If you subscribe to the channel, you’ll also be notified of new uploaded videos