This video is a quick walkthrough of Grade 4 predicted GCSE maths 2022 …. please do
– stop the video
– work through the questions
– compare your solutions
I hope the video helps and please do leave a comment – thanks!
Download a copy of the questions here: QT Quick Test 4F Which Answer?
Here’s a copy of the written answers: QT Quick Test 4F Which Answer? ANSWERS
1. The table gives information about the total number of orders for a new jacket, each month, received by a clothing store.
An order is chosen at random. Workout the probability that the order was received in: (a) April (b) April or May or June. Give your answer to (a) and (b) in its simplest form.
2. Convert 450 000 cm^3 into litres
3. Divide £70 in the ratio 2 : 3
4. A 200g box of Super Duper chocolates costs £4.50. A 175g box of Super Duper chocolates costs £4.20. Which box is better value for money?
5. An electrical cable is wrapped around a plastic circular drum 200 times. The drum has a radius of 3.5cm. Work out the length of the electrical cable. Give your answer in metres, correct to 3 significant figures.
6. (a) Find the volume of the triangular prism
(b) Find the surface area of the triangle prism
7. A block of iron exerts a force of 800N on the floor. The base of the block of iron is 2.5m^2. Work out the pressure exerted on the floor. Give your answer in N/m^2.
8. A solid cuboid is made of wood. The wood has a density of 0.85g/cm3. Work out the mass of the cuboid.
9. Work out the size of angle x.
10. The distance from Leeds to Whitby is 75 miles. Simon took 2 hours and 25 minutes to complete the journey. Calculate Simon’s average speed to the nearest whole number.
11. Write 3/8 as a decimal
12. Work out root(5.3 + tan 42degrees)
Give your answer correct to 1 decimal place.
13. The number 45 can be written as 3^a x b, where a and b are prime numbers. Find the value of a and b.
14. Work out 3 4/5 – 1 1/4
15. Work out an estimate for the value of (322 x 4.87)/0.181
16. Calculate the length of side x in the right angled triangle shown
17. Convert 60mm^2 into cm^2
18. Solve (3x + 10)/3= 8
Here’s the timestamp:
0:40 Q1 Probability
1:52 Q2 Conversion
2:22 Q3 Ratio
3:03 Q4 Comparison
3:58 Q5 Circumference
6:08 Q6 Volume & Area
9:32 Q7 Pressure
10:26 Q8 Density
11:30 Q9 Angles
12:10 Q10 Speed
13:11 Q11 Fraction to Decimal
13:46 Q12 Calculator Skills
14:15 Q13 Indices
15:00 Q14 Fractions
16:04 Q15 Estimation
17:34 Q16 Pythagoras
18:49 Q17 Conversion
19:53 Q18 Solving Equation
These types of grade 4 revision questions appear in all the main GCSE exam boards – Edexcel, AQA, OCR and Educas – and are fairly common for calculator papers.
- Always work methodically and show your working
- Why is that information in the first few lines?
- Check your calculations
- Is it a reasonable answer?
Here’s other posts that also might be of interest:
Please do leave a comment below if you are not sure. Alternately you can view my YouTube channel and leave a comment there – I’ll always try to respond as quickly as possible.
Watch on YouTube:
I’d really appreciate a like, if you found it useful! If you subscribe to the channel, you’ll also be notified of new uploaded videos