This video is a quick walkthrough of predicted grade 4 revision for GCSE maths 2022 …. please do
– stop the video
– work through the questions
– compare your solutions
I hope the video helps and please do leave a comment – thanks!
Download a copy of the questions here: QT Quick Test 4G
Here’s a copy of the written answers: QT Quick Test 4G ANSWERS
Here’s the questions:
1. The graph shows part of a straight line.
(a) Write down the y-intercept (1 mark)
(b) Show that the gradient of the line is +2 (2 marks)
(c) Write down the equation of the line (1 mark)
(d) The line continues to the right. Will this line pass through the point (20, 43)? Show how you decide. (2 marks)
2. A triangle has sides 15.1cm, 15.6cm and 21.5cm. Is this a right angled triangle? Show how you decide. (4 marks)
(a) x/3 + 2 = 17 (2 marks)
(b) x^2 + 15x + 56 = 0 (2 marks)
4. The scale on a map is 1 : 30000. How many kilometres on the ground are represented by 6cm on the map? (3 marks)
5. Josh is paid £7.60 for the first 25 hours that he works each week. After 25 hours he is paid 1 ½ times the hourly rate. Last week Josh worked for 33 hours. Work out how much Josh earned in total last week. (3 marks)
6. The diagram shows Carrie’s lawn. It is in the shape of a rectangle 32m x 16m, and a semicircle. Carrie is going to build a perimeter fence around the lawn. She calculates the fence will cost £17.50 per metre. Carrie has a budget of £2000.
Will Carrie have enough money to build the perimeter fence? (4 marks)
7. Lauren invests £4000 for 5 years, in an account offering a compound interest rate of 2.5%. Work out the value of Lauren’s investment at the end of 5 years. (3 marks)
8. ABC is a right angled triangle. Calculate the length AB, giving your answer correct to 3 significant figures. (2 marks)
9. Convert 8m3 into litres (2 marks)
10. Two triangles ABC and DEF are mathematically similar.
(a) Work out the length EF. (2 marks)
(b) Work out the length AC. (2 marks)
Here’s the timestamps:
0:30 Q1 Straight line graphs
3:25 Q2 Pythagoras
4:49 Q3 Solving equations
5:55 Q4 Map scale
7:25 Q5 Weekly pay
8:42 Q6 Perimeter
11:32 Q7 Compound interest
13:02 Q8 SohCahToa
15:11 Q9 Unit Conversion
17:02 Q10 Mathematically similar
These types of grade 4 revision questions appear in all the main GCSE exam boards – Edexcel, AQA, OCR and Educas – and are fairly common for calculator papers.
- Always work methodically and show your working
- Why is that information in the first few lines?
- Check your calculations
- Is it a reasonable answer?
Here’s other posts that also might be of interest:
Please do leave a comment below if you are not sure. Alternately you can view my YouTube channel and leave a comment there – I’ll always try to respond as quickly as possible.
Watch on YouTube:
I’d really appreciate a like, if you found it useful! If you subscribe to the channel, you’ll also be notified of new uploaded videos