This video is a quick reminder of percentages questions for GCSE maths, and is aimed at around grade 3.
– stop the video
– work through the question
– compare your solution
I hope the video helps and please leave a comment – thanks!
Here's all the questions (question 4, 7 & 12 are covered in the video):
1. Work out 10% of £83
2. Find 23% of £170
3. Work out 45% of 1200
4. Calculate 135% of 140
5. Which is bigger? 25% of 80 or 30% of 90
6. Which is greater? 30% of 108 or 32% of 96
7. There are men and women at a concert. There are 350 men. 30% of the people at the concert are female. Calculate the total number of people at the concert.
8. George buys a motorbike for £5400. He pays a deposit of 20%. The rest of the money is paid in equal monthly instalments of £180. How many monthly payments will George need to pay?
9. Ahmed and Zahra did a test. The total for the test is 60 marks. Ahmed scored 45% on the test. Zahra achieved 28 out of 60 marks. Which student got the highest mark? You must show your working.
10. Sara buys a jacket in a shop sale. The normal price of the jacket is £66.60, although the price is reduced by 25% in the sale. Calculate the sale price of the jacket.
11. Simon invests £600 for 3 years in a bank account. The account pays simple interest at a rate of 3% per year. Work out the total amount of interest Simon receives at the end of 3 years.
12. Harriet wants to buy a new electric scooter. The scooter shop and shoppingforscooters.co.uk both have special offers. The scooter shop offers 5% discount from the normal price of £399. Free delivery. shoppingforscooters.co.uk offers 10% discount from the normal price of £399. There is an additional cost of £12 for delivery. Which option should Harriet choose?
Download a copy of the question here:
Here's a copy of the written answers:
- Read the question thoroughly
- Work methodically
- Leave plenty of space for calculations 🙂
Here's other posts that also might be of interest:
Please do leave a comment below if you are not sure. Alternately you can view my YouTube channel and leave a comment there – I'll always try to respond as quickly as possible.
Watch on YouTube:
I'd really appreciate a like, if you found it useful! If you subscribe to the channel, you'll also be notified of new uploaded videos 🙂