Ratio questions are fairly popular on GCSE maths as
… they tend to be classed as ‘functional’ or ‘real life’ questions usually involving sharing money.
● Try to find a way of working out the value of one part
● You might need to add all the parts together, and divide into the total amount
● Or, the question will give you a total for some parts … use that
● One you’ve got the value of one part, multiply out to answer the question
● It’s useful to create a small grid, work down the page and use the : sign to separate the ratios
If you’d like to ask for any more detail, or you’re not sure about anything, please do ask a question in the comments section.
All best with your studies
Watch on YouTube